25 Things I've Learned by Age 25
It's crazy to think that I've been on this earth for quarter of a century. It's events like this where I like to sit back and reflect on how much has happened and how much has changed.
This post is somewhat a letter to myself but also some advice for those who could use it. Take what I'm about to post lightly as I won't be going super in depth. Each item could be a topic of its own if you think about it. This isn't my normal beauty related post, but it was still fun to write. Without any further introduction let's get started!
1) Listen to your parents. Whether you agree with what they are telling you or not, they are only trying to help.
2) Don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy childhood as long as possible. Being an adult isn't all that its cracked up to be.
3) Have your own opinions and morals. Know what you stand for and what you won't put up with.
4) If it's "too good to be true", it 98% of the time is.
5) Do your homework. Study for tests.
6) Learn to say no. If it doesn't feel right don't do it.
7) Learn to say yes. Know a good opportunity when it presents itself.
8) Try your best at everything you do. You will eventually find success.
9) If you fail, learn from it and move on. Dwelling on " what ifs" is not productive. That time spent feeling sorry for yourself could be used to either start over or try again.
10) Travel as much as possible. Open yourself to new experiences and enjoy them.
11) Being a young parent has its advantages. By your early-mid 30s your child will be mostly self sufficient. #score
12) Use condoms
13) Use birth control, but avoid the Depo shot like its the plague.
14) Live with your significant other prior to getting engaged or married.
15) Despite what my generation may think, loyalty DOES exist.
16) Don't take social media too seriously. A majority of what's posted is a façade.
17) Being up to date with politics and world events is important.
18) Do your own research, stay woke.
19) Live at home as long as you (or your parents) can bear it.
20) Save money, and start saving early.
21) It's OK to like trends! They're fun and probably enjoyable. Trends are temporary and most of the time harmless. "Go along with it" (to a certain extent).
22) You will have the most friends from elementary school through the end of high school. You will lose contact with a large number of people the longer time goes on. Especially if you're in a long term relationship or if you have kids. But that's OK. Whoever stuck around is worth keeping.
23) Don't complain about an-y-thing, unless you have a solution or suggestion on how to fix it.
24) Karma is real. Everything you put out into the universe comes back to you. Negative people breed negative energy and events. Positive people attract positive outcomes.
25) Life is about balance. You need the bad to appreciate the good.
Bonus) There is extreme power in prayer.
Cheers to another 25! And Happy Birthday to me!!